Translate

Monday, April 1, 2013

War is natural.

We are the one species who is constantly struggling to control the amount or the ferocity of the wars we wage. I never thought about it this way until just this morning. Over the weekend the North Korean rhetoric escalted to declaring war on the south, bringing me some thoughts of being recalled back into service. I am somewhat long in the tooth for recall but I did think what if. I think of other species, from higher mammals to insects they all wage war when they need to. To defend the pride or the nest or mound. Different species even battle to takeover areas where resources are plentiful enough to supply the needs of the group.

I am not defending what the North Koreans are doing, but what do a people who are basically cannibals do? Just like a newborn who crys when it's hungry every three hours, this is the Norths hunger cry. Imagine looking at images of affluence and excess everyday while your children slowly starve to death. Yes it is their own governments fault for getting its population to this point, but when was the last time you saw a people like this rise up and defeat their rulers on their own? Please don't say Lybia, you all know we were already there. Egypt, please those countries were nowhere near the level of oppression these poor souls on the peninsula are. I would have no apprehension in waging war against North Korea to finally give those people a taste of freedom and most importantly food.

We hold back what in my opinion is perfectly natural for the human species to do. To fight and free the oppressed and the weak unlike lower lifeforms that do the exact opposite. If we would just allow ourselves to use our instinct on occasion rather than our intellect, we would find ourselves being pushed around alot less and others would feel safer around us. These decades of political correctness have made so much of our population soft. I respect a person much more when they tell me how they feel about me rather than pretend to be polite.

No comments:

Post a Comment