Translate

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Police state

I used to blow off Alex Jones as an Art Bell wannabe. A radio personality just wanting to make an honest buck entertaining the hoards of fans of that type of radio. For the last month I am starting to worry myself that I am starting to believe his police state hype. One of the stories that most convinced me that on a federal level we were losing our freedoms was the case of Brandon Raub. Brandon Raub was the Marine that was literally kidnapped and placed in a mental hospital for his speech on Facebook. It took a judge to finally get the government to release his indefinite hold on him. I can see and illegal combatant but an American citizen? We have crossed the line at the federal level taking away your liberty with just a word and no trail. We should all be very frightened by this escalation.

Now comes the case of a young man Justin Hallman. Again I give credit to infowars.com for the article. This minor, he is 16, was questioned by the FBI about a youtube project he received an A on for school. The project was a pro Ron Paul video that spoke about some very intricate governmental and constitutional issues. The FBI's special agent Matthew Bowman attempted to recruit the child to infiltrate the infamous Anonymous group. I do not understand why the federal government would place a child's life in so much danger to gain access to these hackers. I understand that Anonymous has been a throne in the side of the US since the Wikileaks Bradley Manning case, but to bring a minor into the fight is the height of irresponsibility.

As far as I understand someone in this childs school saw the video as a threat and reported to the FBI. Justin describes the questions that were asked of him that leads you to believe this assertions. I hate to go here but I guess this Rican will. It just gives me the WWII Nazi Germany creeps when I here incidents like these. I remember the phrase that came out of the days of our nations most tragic event we honor today, "See something, say something". It makes sense to be a responsible citizen you should act. The look at the phrase closer. In it it never asks you to do one other piece that is critical to our free republic, "THINK". If you think about what your looking at it causes you to try to understand. That pause is crucial in our very paranoid society these days. That knee jerk, jump on the phone and rat out our neighbors before doing what was done 50 years ago by talking to our neighbors is isolating us to death.

That division is what gives those who would take our freedoms away the upper hand. United we stand divided we fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment