Translate

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Vive la France! My 100th post!

It has to be the end of the world is coming. I never thought in my lifetime that I would ever be applauding the French for their courage. I know that's a back handed compliment but it's my first. The French publication Charlie Hebdo has released some cartoons that make fun of the prophet Mohammed. Though in that part of the planet with the huge Muslim population it's more than courageous it's a real risk. The offices of Charlie Hebdo were bombed the last time they posted similar cartoons. Now I do not agree with poking fun of any faith, it's just not polite. What I do believe is that when someone makes that choice they should be able to express themselves without the local Islamofacist trying to behead you or blow up the neighborhood. The Muslim culture does not seem to want to assimilate into the French culture or any other other culture per se so I tip my hat to the French for calling them out.

I think free persons from all over the planet should declare a symbolic war on any culture who limit the free exercise of speech. I believe we may already be in an actual war against these freedom haters since the premeditated assassination of our ambassador in Lybia and the attacks on our embassies all over the globe. What got us here? I think political correctness and tolerance. Yes tolerance I say as you scratch your head. There are beliefs and traditions and systems that are incompatible with the American way and the way of freedom. Shari'a is one of them. Being tolerant to the idea that we can allow anyone in the US to use their own laws due to religious needs slides us down that slippery slope of government endorsing religion. Though I do firmly believe in Christ I do not want anyone in the government directing me free exercise of.

I will eat some french fries and drink a glass of Burgundy and salute the French for giving these radicals the finger in a comical way. I hope that this escalates really if I have to be honest with myself. I think the only way some of my fellow humans will allow me true freedom of speech is to be lain quietly in the ground. If only they would be as tolerant of me as I am of how they speak of America.

2 comments:

  1. A. The entire world should start a flood of images and cartoons etc of their Profit just like they do Jesus. Maybe it will desensitize them some. Jeez Muslims are thinskinned about this. And how is naming some little baby Mohammed not blastphemous Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's has to be one of the most unusual things about Islam. How can you be a faith that claims to be peaceful, yet can't forgive?

    ReplyDelete