Translate

Monday, October 14, 2013

I really don't

I'm sorry but I do not personally know anyone affected by the government shutdown or slimdown as it's being referenced. I may have a friend on Facebook that commented that their family is being impacted because the father is a government worker that has been furloughed. Losing a job or being laid off is frightening. I have been their back in 2010 when my investment business just could not longer hold on and I closed it's door. You go through all the stages of grief and if you're a man or woman of character you make it work.

During my time of unemployment I created. I came up with an apparel line and Ricantotheright grew up and expanded. I had to decide what I truly loved in life in the way of work. I decided politics and JiuJitsu were where I wanted to focus my energy. Neither are easy. As a politician I'm a uber conservative Latino and I am in a pretty much conservative state so little opportunity but I just received my first politcal appointment so it's a start. In my martial arts career that is still years away to achieve that honor of endurance, the black belt. In the last three years I have reinvented myself. I changed to survive.

Our country didn't need this type of radical reinvention like I had to go through to survive the economic downturn. Just like me it just needed to remember what it had always loved. Our country has always loved free enterprise and hard work. Our country has always loved people to be free especially from government. Damn it we fought war after war just so others were not forced into doing what their governments said.

What our country truly cherished is that rebel who raised his fist, finger or firearm at anyone that tried to control them. That's a true American, a risk taker, a failure time after time never quitting and if he failed he died trying. We are seeing that reawakening. We saw a sprinkle yesterday at the World War II memorial. On the Senate floor a couple of weeks ago. Little by little people are waking up.

No comments:

Post a Comment