Translate

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Habeus Corpus

I have a suspicious nature. I don't often trust anyone. I see everyone as evil first until they prove themselves to me. Now I am not a conspiracy theorists when it come to government plots to control the population. A story that came out of the Rutherford Institute yesterday has throw a wrench in my normalcy. I former marine was arrested for some anti government remarks on Facebook. As far as I know there where no imminent threats or threats of violence. The Marine was just blowing steam about what he felt was wrong with our countries government. I a scene that was right out of the Soviet Union. The FBI along with local authority came and snatch this guy up and is holding him against his and his lawyers will in a military psychiatric hospital. There is even video posted on YouTube of the arrest.

Having had to make numerous arrest using a mental health warrant here in Texas I am familiar with the procedure. The person has to convince me they are a danger to themselves and the public. They have to vocalise it not just imply it. So I write a short report, then take them to an emergency mental health facility. The person can be there as long as a few days. I have not heard of a case where someone I arrested was in there for longer. I have heard of being released early. The Marine has been in there a month, no charges, no real judicial oversight. I guess habeus corpus is officially dead after this detention. As I understand from my more right wing and left wing friends the Patriot act is the root of this type of behavior by American Law Enforcement. If these accusations are true I pray those officials are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

No comments:

Post a Comment