Translate

Sunday, August 19, 2012

You may be right. I may be crazy

Nothing ruins a good blog like a complicated life. Murphy's Law and such has kept me from posting on a regular basis. So my apologies to the hundreds from all over the world who read ricantotheright. So with that let's see what's down the rabbit hole.

I have really tried to take a more Libertarian view of the world as I have grown older. I have become more tolerant of different points of views and beliefs. Tolerant is the key word. Though I say to each his own, I want you to understand that I am not saying we are all right. No I am very narrow minded in that I believe there are absolute "Rights" and "Wrongs". I believe in Jesus is the Messiah and that a conservative view of politics makes things work. You can do or say whatever you want as long as it does not interfere with my closed minded view of the world. I have no problem not being flexible on some of my ideas. So many people today just are blown around every which way like a plastic bag in the wind. One of the beliefs that is keeping me out of the Libertarian way is my outright push for preemptive strikes against countries that are planning on doing us harm. I liken it to a military vaccination. You don't wait to get the disease before you inoculate, you do it before. That's my logic and I am sticking to it.

So you may be right, I may be crazy to think this way. I know the potential to develop more generations of enemies with this doctrine. However when your enemies are always hiding in caves it's hard to make little terror babies to follow you into the afterlife. Funny though I don't agree with the current position of just Predator droning everything that moves. What ever happened to good ole grab a guy in the field and do a little water boarding to gain intelligence. We don't capture anyone anymore. Oh how I miss the good old days of says and counterintelligence. It was romantic. It took finesse to blackmail an enemies operatives to give up the goods on their countries valuable secrets.  Now it's Jihad and Hellfire missiles, not very elegant if you ask me. So what is a lover of cold war tactics to do? CIA when will you get back to wonder years of spy gadgets and sleeping with the enemy? I am your biggest fan!

No comments:

Post a Comment