Translate

Monday, July 9, 2012

In the Sauna

What a ridiculous invention the sauna. Who thousands of years ago decided that you should sit in an inclosure that is super heated to the point that you drain you body of essential fluids? Madness. So what happens biologically? I'm a blogger not doctor Jim! So they way your body responds to the heat is to release fluids to get the skin wet so if there is a breeze it can evaporate, thus cooling the skin. If any doctors want to opine do so. I would assume some impurities come out that are trapped in the pours. Won't the Scientologist be happy that I agree with their purification ritual, because stupid me is sitting in a sauna. Oh and I did take my vitamins this morning. So what Thetan level am I now? Tom Cruise watch out I feel like jumping on a couch. I believe the Romans and the Greek used it as actual hygiene. They would use these butter knife type instruments to scrap the skin of the trash that came out of it. No I don't have a butter knife.

OK a stretch. Can we learn something about ourselves by sitting in a sauna? Hey I heard all of you giggle now quit let me finish. You have to make the choice to go into an uncomfortable situation and stay under duress. You have to stay under stress to allow the process to work. You can't just walk in and then walk out and claim you have reaped the benefits. You have to stay under that stimulus for a fixed amount of time. Unfortunately for most they make the first attempt and then quit. There is not benefit to a stressor if you don't repeat the effort.

We can take this formula and apply it to our political  or daily lives. We are trying to achieve a fundamental change in our respective countries with Realism. It is unique to most of us. It is uncomfortable. We are made to be radicals and subversives for thinking true liberty comes from man and not government. We are placed in a social sauna by constantly being challenged when we speak out for freedom. You just have to stay in there a little longer. If you stay to long you dehydrate and die. So spar with those around and speak the truth of... damn I better get out!

No comments:

Post a Comment