Translate

Thursday, October 4, 2012

O that was ugly

I don't know if anyone else has these types of reactions to embarrassing situations on television. Since I was little, I could not bare to watch when someone was humiliated or had something embarrassing or awkward happen to them. I could feel their pain physically and had to change the channel. My son who is Autistic has the exact same reaction, expect he has to leave the room. As I was watching the debates last night I had some surprising reactions. As the debates warmed up I felt a sense of vengeance. I felt like I was cheering on the winning team. I kept hooping and hollering and bandwagoning. Twenty minutes went by, thirty minutes. I began to have the same reaction I had when my sons team is blowing out the other. I felt sorry for Obama. Finally, up against a real businessman not a politician per se, he was out classed and out gunned. So many exaggeration and outright  lies were exposed and challenged and corrected.

The fatal blow was struck after Obama stated Romney had received tax breaks by shipping jobs and businesses overseas. Romney countered, " I have been in business twenty five years and I have no idea what your talking about". "Maybe I need to change accounts", was what got a giggle out of the crowd in a Reagan vs Mondale moment. Just like Reagan's quote in that debate about Mondale's, "Youth and inexperience" which got a laugh and changed the election tide for Reagan, this was a Romney moment. No longer was he the dorky, nerdy religious dude. This was a powerful, successful, articulate chief executive giving a business class to a novice. The president was powerless to challenge the facts about Romney's business prowess and expertise.

That meekness even showed itself physically by Obama. Rarely a look or a body language message that would confront Romney. Looking down, looking away, looking disinterested and disengaged. This train wreck was impossible to watch. It seems that Obama was perfectly happy to just debate talking points and not the detailed important parts of the nights topics. At every turn when Obama used his talking point, Romney trounced him with counterpoint and details. Tax reduction for the reach, Romney said no I won't but this is what I will do. Take away benefits from seniors, Romney left hook. Tax the middle class, Romney right hook. Every blow was to the head and the referee just let him get creamed. Sean Hannity brought up the I quit moment of the night for Obama. During one of his responses on healthcare that he was getting destroyed Obama stated, "Now Jim, I know you want to go on to the next question". That has never been used by the incumbent president in any debate. That was the Roberto Duran "No Mas" for Obama and yes Mr. Obama no mas no mas.

No comments:

Post a Comment