Translate

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

A day which will live in infamy

About ten hours or so before we know if we the people made the choice to correct our course or to abandon ship. There is not much I want to say that I haven't already said. Vote Obama we become Europe, lived there done that no thanks. Vote Romney and though he is boring and mechanical he knows how to read a balance sheet. Praise be to the bean counters. I saw the crowds at my child's school this morning at 7:50 AM, the parking lot was almost full with voters. Even on my favorite radio show, Howard Stern was asking the Wack Pack for their opinions and Debbie the Pet lady says Romney. So it must be. Living in Texas most races aren't really even close between the parties, this is clearly a red state. Even as the Latino population grows if I have anything to do with it, I will remind them of their moral conservatism to bring them into the conservative fold.

We should be thankful whoever we choose today that we have this flawed but amazing freedom to choose our leaders. Look around the world today and you can find millions who still live under tyranny and oppression. Now with the Arab spring they have gone from be ruled by despots to be rule by Islamic radicals who will destroy any chance of liberty especially for women. We complain and bitch and moan about our system, but I dare saw there is no other place on the planet that does it as orderly and peacefully as we do. I remember in Puerto Rico I went to visit my father who was helping with the mayoral campaign in Gurabo. My dad and uncle were in the same party but supporting different candidates. I had to keep them from actually killing each other when by chance the met up at a campaign event. So even if we argue on Facebook over Obama and Romney, I still care for my misguided left wing wacko friends.

So go vote and vote ONCE.

No comments:

Post a Comment