Translate

Monday, November 5, 2012

Revenge is a dish best served cold.

<p>My pastor friend Eric and I had a really good tussle about the presidents comments," don't boo vote, voting is the best revenge". After a few insults by Eric I had honestly think that Democrats and Republicans actually do not speak the English language. I had the impression that the word revenge meant that you were going after someone for doing something to you. I even quoted the dictionary which was quickly brushed off. I tried, I really tried to find a positive definition for the word revenge and have come up empty. For Eric revenge is a positive word, that has a uplifting, inspirational meaning. That by voting against Romney as an act of vengeance you are making the US a better and more united place. I kept redirecting him to the literal definition of the word. After being called dumb and sarcastic I posted an article from the original speakers of English (The British) to see if maybe that would sway him.

I even admitted that English is not my first language. That maybe I just didn't learn the language properly. That maybe the one hundred and thirty IQ points I am measured, or the several other languages I understand or speak just are keeping me from grasping the meaning of this one word. The more I gave facts or direct arguments, the more my liberal pastor friend seemed to get personal and frustrated. At first it seemed that maybe he did not watch the speech because he was referring to story as a MEME. So I posted a link to the speech which infuriated him more. I became known to him as, "people like you". I simply asked what kind of people was I? What kind of person would dare use a direct and clearly said quote against the person who said it plainly and clearly. I wasn't referring to Joe Biden, I pay him no attention anymore he really doesn't realize what he is saying. This was the sitting president asking for revenge votes, how dare I repeat him.

It got even sillier when in the middle of the night Eric posted a cookbook with the word revenge on it. How do you compare a cookbook with the speech of the currently one of the most powerful man on the planet? I tried to understand him. The only thing that can lead to this type of behavior is blind worship of Obama. Obama is their hero, leader, and savior. For him to say anything negative as suggested is blasphemous. Thinking about it. It reminds me of what happens when something is said or drawn negatively of Mohammed. That we are going after you if you go after our Messiah. Attack Romney, so what, he is just a man and if I feel like defending him I will use facts and logic. I see the left as hypnotized by Obama. They just cant seem to help but to come to his rescue in an aggressive, insulting, and as you can see on Twitter a violent way. My American spirit does not depend on a Romney win. American can survive Obama. We conservative will be underground waiting and planning if the need arises.

My prediction is this. Romney wins with over 290 votes from the electoral college. Sadly there will be violent reactions to this win in many parts of the US. There will even be some retaliation deaths. So when they occur and they will, will this be the bad revenge or the nice revenge?

No comments:

Post a Comment