Translate

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Broke

I have been poor and short of money numerous times throughout my life. There have been times where I didn't even know where the money would come from to feed my children. I am horrible at budgeting. There had been times when I was a young man I had problems with impulse shopping. I either found a way to earn it most of the times or I swallowed my pride and asked for help. I have yet as an adult been on government assistance, but I remember using food stamps when I was little. Every single time I was short or tight I cut back or cut out things in my life that were not absolutely necessary. Sure it hurts your pride to not be able to buy the extras your family wants and when the little one wants the dollar toy and you have to say no it hurts.

I am the type of father who owns a couple of pairs of new shoes and have t- shirts older than some of my children. I put the welfare and comfort of my children first. Now this attitude has not made me very attractive to the ladies at time but I have seen the fruit of my sacrifice through my older children. My two oldest my son 15, my daughter 14, are academically and physically more advanced than most of their peers. I would do most anything to make sure they have a happy and memorable childhood. As any parent would I don't want them to suffer my experiences with pain or poverty and so far I have succeeded. Once they graduate from high school and enter the work force or college I will definitely consider my sacrifices a complete success.

Using this example I do not understand why our government can't emulate what is done on a daily basis in most American households. The government has no money, none. What does the family do when there is no money? The family does without. Sure, I borrowed in the past to help make it to payday. What I have never done is owed anyone for my daily bread. If I borrowed to survive, I paid it back as soon as I could. The government has been borrowing for bread for decades now with no end in site. The United States is becoming a land of indentured servants. Every man, woman and child owes thousands to foreign powers. The main debt holder is China a country hostile to our way of being. As in my previous writings I see China as a physical aggressor very soon.

Since we are broke, why hasn't anyone in the administration suggest these simply ways of getting back on budget. The first, stop spending. A freeze on any new spending. Second, stop borrowing. Thirdly, find  things that are not absolutely critical and stop them. We can do without shrimp on treadmills for awhile. The last one is pass a budget and stick to it. We have not had a federal budget in four years and I am not sure we will ever have one again. The times when I did a budget and balanced my checkbook were the times I most was able to manage and do more with my money. Why can't we force the federal government to stick to a budget? We need a balanced budget amendment now.

Taxes, we don't need no stinking new taxes. I already have given my stance on taxes. Flat tax that every adult that works pays. No deductions, no exemptions, no loop holes period. Like Rick Perry said you send your taxes in the form of a postcard. We just eliminated an oppressive and wasteful bureaucracy saving billions by closing the IRS. A flat tax is predictable. From the beginning of the year you will always know exactly how much you will pay. A flat tax is inclusive. Now that everyone has skin in the game, the haves cannot complain about the have nots not doing their fair share and vice versa.  A flat tax is American. Since the Boston tea party Americans have hated arbitrary taxes.

Ok so we have solved the national debt crisis. Tomorrow we will find a cure for cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment