Translate

Monday, May 21, 2012

Government. We no need no stinking government.

First, who knew anyone in cyberspace cared or gave a damn about some right wing wackos blog that comes and goes when it pleases. I woke up this morning to see the hundreds of views from all over the world and feel very humbled. So thank you all. Second, do not be shy please leave your thoughts and ideas. I am really hard to intimidate. So let er rip.

I read a book many years ago that ruined me for a long time. It was Juliette by the Marquis de Sade. I read it on a dare. A co-worker on the police department where I work told me she could not get through the first chapter of this over a thousand page monstrosity. Having always heard rumors of the Marquis I decided to brave it out. This man was a Picasso with words. Picasso always pisses me off. Every time I go to a Picasso exhibit I leave angry. How he destroys the female figure in his art tells of his hatred of women. So De Sade's depiction of mankind tells of his hatred of man.

If you could get through the atrocities depicted in Juliette. If you can get through true madness of this evil genius, the Marquis has a simple yet refreshing insight on why there is little need for government. I can't  recall the chapter or the exact verse, so I will tell you my interpretation. Simply it's the biblical eye for an eye. Imagine if justice was instant. If you had the immediate right to avenge proportionately a crime committed against you. Theft, you just go find who stole it and get it right back or payback. Assault, you have the right to fight back, murder then so on. This system in his writings were also applicable to basic needs. You need something, we share, trade or if I need it to survive I take.

Would legal systems and forms of goverment be necessary if we had that complete freedom? Are we as men always to be ruled by the few or the one? If justice and punishment were instantaneous, imagine. I believe in rules they provide a sense of guidance for the simple. Yet I see that laws and governance worldwide has become oppressive, where at every turn there is a new regulation or law to hamper our pursuit of being truly free.

No comments:

Post a Comment