Translate

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

I really don't feel like it

I really don't feel like writing today. I'm tired. I'm sore. I'm cranky. Damn maybe I'm pregnant. I need to get away from information. I am such a knowledge junky, I get withdrawal if I don't keep up to date with current events. It's any information though. I just need to know everything. History, science, the arts, nature, anything I can devour. If it's not through video, I always have one or two books going. My mind is always racing with ideas and inventions. My shrink calls it Attention Deficit Disorder, I think the world called it creativity or artistic expression forever. Now they want to medicate you if you just don't fit into some mold of conformity. So though I slept I am exhausted because my mind rarely stops to rest or to reflect. It's madness as much as method.

Why do I give a flying damn what others should think about life and politics? I don't know I feel a sense of responsibility to get this word in me out to you. That if just one person changes his view of the world to the Realist approach, his or her life may improve. If I can just wake one up from the coma that is modern life it's worth the effort to know, assess, and educate. At least in the US we have some semblance of an example of a democracy so I do not feel a sense of urgency to educate us. Now that I see that others around the world have begun to read my useless rag, I feel the pressure to be serious and sober. So now that others are watching and learning I must write.

So this is pure Realism. You bend and change with life as quickly as you can. To have a fixed ideology is madness. To have a system that does not evolve (funny I don't believe in evolution) stagnates your thinking, then you, then those around you. You begin to not have the ability to survive or more to thrive. Maybe that's why I have yet to end up in the gutter or in prison or homeless. I adapt to my environment quickly and mimic what is successful. In adaptation there are mutations that fail, but just like the New York cockroaches there is little that can kill me. I had a wise man (my shrink) say, "be like the willow, not an oak". I let that slide because he is a blackbelt and I am not, but I got it. Bend grasshopper, be flexible and you'll not break.

No comments:

Post a Comment