Translate

Monday, June 18, 2012

Someone called me a conservative

I got a call from a one of the representatives of the grappling and Jiu-jitsu tournaments I sponsor. One of the competitors called him and recommended my blog. I was ecstatic. The man had been reading my writings and had told him how well it was written. Thank you very much Mr. Matt. So he went on and told my business associate how he likes the conservative tone my writing takes. I had the opposite reaction to the compliments. I began to defend the writings as Libertarian and a new thought. Free thinking and something real for the modern world. I have never been ashamed of my conservative roots, what made these compliments different?

I remember a couple of weeks ago I asked a writer who I really respect to take a look at my blog and give his opinion. A couple of days later he came back with encouragement and said that I wrote alot like Ayn Rand. I said, who? So he sent me a link to her writings and I couldn't believe what I was reading. There in her works were my thoughts, feelings and emotions. The writings and thoughts were so similar I had to stop reading them. I felt cheap, I felt uninspiring, what I thought I had birthed into reality had pretty much been already old news. At first I was going to stop writing or change subjects but I pressed on and am glad I did. There is nothing new under the son wrote Solomon. There's nothing new.

Realism is new and real to me and many others. I can't help the feeling that others get. I can't help that I seem to be like other philosophical thoughts. I believe that the freedom of making laws and rule guided by what is actually realistic can change our world. If we live in the moment and not by what once was or will be, we can have peace in our lives. I have my guard up now. I will defend realism!

After having all of these emotions during the brief phone, my business associate said he had just skimmed my writings. Oh great all this righteous indignation for nothing. So I calmed down and took a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment